Building my First PC

I've been looking for the parts online, but the GPU listed isn't available. Is there any difference between the eVGA 760 and an ASUS 760?

Also, i've been looking for a new monitor, and had an ASUS VS248H 24" in mind. However, I've just found another monitor in storage, a ViewSonic VA2226W 22". Is it any good for gaming?

Last edited:
The name on the card is the only difference, but that depends on the specific model. Will it matter? No, not if you can't find an eVGA.

As to the monitor, with that resolution you should be able to max anything with a 760 lol.

I've got a final list for all the parts with prices. Went a bit over budget, but I'm getting a whole lot for it, especially at aus prices.

Intel i5 4570 CPU - $232

ASRock B85 Mobo - $89

ASUS GTX 760 - $320

Seasonic 620W PSU - $180

Sandisk Extreme 2.5" 240GB SSD - $219

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) DDR3 - $170

BitFenix Shinobi Black case - $75

Total of $1285.

Last edited:
What kind of effect would reducing the RAM have?

And I probably won't be able to reduce the SSD, seeing as I won't be getting an internal hard drive (as of yet) because I use a 1TB external one to store movies, music, photos etc.

None, besides having less RAM. Currently, 8GB isn't an issue at all. The only thing it would do is reduce the cost.

If you're fine with that budget then by all means, but I would still swap out the brand of that SSD pronto.

Corsair, Samsung, Intel, Crucial. In that order personally. Corsair over Samsung due to their warranty and CS experience with myself but IMO both are top notch. Intel and Crucial make awesome rock solid SSDs but their speeds don't compare and Intel drives are usually more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom