Game desktop (help a brother out!)

It looks like there's two channels (A & B).
Channel A is DIMM_A1 & DIMM_A2, which would be the first pair of black and gold slots closest to the CPU. I would put the two RAM modules in those slots.

Hmm, I put one in A1 and one in B1 (the two black ones) since that was what someone else did on an ASUS motherboard on youtube (different board but I figured same principles?). Should I change it? Does it make much difference? Can I change it later?

Also, I'm plugging in my wires for the external build test but I can't find one with four sockets on the corsair power supply. It's supposed to be a 4-pinned ATX12V but I only find 6 pinned and 8 pinned ones.

Hmm, I put one in A1 and one in B1 (the two black ones) since that was what someone else did on an ASUS motherboard on youtube (different board but I figured same principles?). Should I change it? Does it make much difference? Can I change it later?
I take back what I said, I forgot Asus does it a little differently. A1 + B1 enable the dual channel configuration, so what you have now is the best arrangement.

I'm about ready to do the power-on-self test on the external build. A few small questions:

- I can't plug my monitor to my graphic card (graphic card only has hdmi outlets and I only have a vga cable). But there's a vga outlet on the motherboard itself. Can I connect my screen there?

- I haven't found a four-pinned plug for the atx12v (power supply connector) but I found an eight-pinned one which has the right pin configuration (some pins have curves, others straight edges). I can plug half of it in. Will that work?

- I want to do the power test before I put things inside my case. I have no idea which pins I should short though. There's no PW demarkation on the motherboard and I can't find out in the manual. Any ideas?

Ok, nevermind that. I'm past that stage and I'm ready to mount the motherboard. Point is, I can't... I'm starting to think it's not compatible with my tower.

There are 9 mounting points with integrated mounting screw in the 300r and three holes (and two mounting screws to fit in them). The thing is if I put my mobo in the case so that it aligns with 5 of the points I need (and so the output for my keyboard, mouse, sound etc is near the exit for them) I can't fit the sixth.

What am I supposed to do now? :s

The risers screw out and you can rearrange them. Make sure they are all in the proper spot for a screw to hold it down as those also ground the board to the case.

Hmm... there aren't really risers. There are about 9 "bumps" in the case with a hole in it (and I need 6) and there are two smaller holes that can fit a mounting screw (the traditional kind I guess?). Then there's this weird sort of metal stub in the middle (right where I need a screw for my motherboard) that doesn't have a hole in it so I can't use it to screw the motherboard down. Then there's this hole in my motherboard which hovers over a place with no "bump" or tiny hole that can fit a mounting screw.

Is it a problem if not all the holes on my motherboard are grounded to the case? And what do I do with that weird metal stub at the center?

mATX board mounts are marked with an M for the holes that should lined up with that board. According to the picture, the bottom left should only be a rubber mount where the one directly above it next to the 1st card bracket has a hole. The middle piece should be a plastic nipple which just slides into the center hole. If these pieces that I described aren't already on there then search the box of parts that came with your case.

Capture.png

Back
Top Bottom