serious help needed...experts please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanymo

Beta member
Maybe someone can help me with a very strange situation.
2 week old PC ran fine for 1 week..."thats not the strange part"(haha)
After the system crashed running SBS 2003, i tried to do a repair, both from the recovery console and from the R option with in the OS setup. Both Failed, still not strange part.
I decided to clean install, but had read errors during the file copy stage....could not copy files, but the file was different everytime it errored out. I thought to clean the cd and try again, still same issue, and still different files not being read. Next I changed CDrom with new one, same issue, still read errors. Ok, so now I have tried to install a different OS from a new disk, and again still same issue...you guys following this? At this point im losing it, I installed new harddrive, new cables, used both IDE and then SATA...and damn it still smae stinking issue...please any one have suggestions other then blow it up.
thanks

when you say u changed the cd rom, did u try a new drive or a different XP cd?(or watever OS u originated with) if u tried a new cd try a different drive, if you were connected to the internet did u download any third party software? are u running any security other than SP2?, could be mobo, that would be my first guess but it might be anything.

if u have any other mobo i'd try it...but i dunno if thats not it and its only a week old you could call tech support if no one else can help

you need a new xp cd. I keep a copy on my hard drive as a cd clone file, so that when this happen to me, i just burn me a new cd.

disable any shadow/cache in the bios and try it then. You also, before doing this actually, may want to flat install. Create a directory (u need to get to Dos with this, use a floppy or what not) called, say... my_installation and copy ALL the files from the i386 folder on the cd, after that run the installation from the HDD ( I THINK the file to run is called winnt.exe, but could be wrong, just search around). That way the installation will use the .cab files from the HDD and not the CDROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom