First PC build

I have no idea how to mount the ssd... it doesn't have a larger case to mount it in and the tower doesn't have a spot for ssds

Any way you like. I like to mount mine with a spare screw behind the drive cage or motherboard tray. You can also just kinda put it in the HDD bay too. Whatever you fancy.

Double sided tape or velcro works good with SSDs too.

Well powered it on all fans running... leds working and its installing windows to my ssd. Looks like everything going to work fine. Thanks for all the help!

Installed my gpu drivers and uninstalled some bloat ware that came with the motherboard drivers. When I restarted the pc it is at the blue "shutting down" screen with the circle rotating for a good 5 minutes is that normal? Everything is installed on the ssd at this point

If it was me, I'd just hit the reset button.

For future reference, never use the BS on the CDs that come with hardware. Go straight to the website and download only what you need. In this case, it should only have been USB3 and SATA3 drivers if Windows 7, nothing if Windows 8 (for motherboard).

reset and seems to be running fine. Now just having trouble getting my wireless adapter thingy to work. Its ancient and cant find windows 7 drivers >.>

its a belkin wireless adaptor F5D9050 any ideas where i can find them?

Last edited:
There are ways around it with different drivers, but it all depends on the version of the device. They are cheap, so I suggest going out and buying a new one.

extremely pleased... ran the ffxiv bench mark and scored a 15k... anything over 7k is max settings. THANK you so much for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom