What should I upgrade?

What exactly is $$$? It's 20 dollars more base price over the Rosewill for a much better quality unit. Not only that but that particular unit comes with a 20 dollar rebate card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
This particular one is the one I'm talking about (Seasonic OEM) and it comes with a 10 dollar rebate card.

Another unit which I was referring to is this one.
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

Modular, with a 15 dollar promo code. Or if you don't care about modular.
SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

Cheaper than the Rosewill.

I make a big deal about power supplies in my thread for a reason.

To add on to that, more wattage on a **** unit doesn't mean squat. If they use cheap parts inside, have bad solder joints, or use weak PCBs they can die no matter how much wattage your PC is pulling. You can be browsing Facebook and the thing can die.

I don't want to sound rude here, but you DID put "quality parts" in your OP. Don't put that if you are trying to skimp out. I prefer Corsair and Seasonic for a reason, they have a long lasting reputation for spitting out good units with a low fail rate and high warranty. Antec, Silverstone, Enermax, and Thermaltake also have good high end units, but their midrange and low end usually suck. I try not to recommend Corsair's CX line because they are cheap, and for a reason. They are a notch above the rest IMO but if you're willing to drop 69 bucks on a Rosewill then save your pennies a little more and spend a little more for a Corsair or Seasonic.

Ok thanks for setting me strait, I think when I upgrade I'll get a CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Newegg.com
I never knew so much went into a PSU, i thought it simpler than that.

Last edited:
ok, when i upgrade I'll know what to get. Also, when I'm playing games like BF3, or Saints Row 3 the keyboard will sometimes lose connection for a moment(wireless). It happens in a few other games too. Do you think this is because of not enough power?

One other thing. In the back of my mobo I have 2 USB 3.0 ports beside each other, I have my wireless headset plugged in all the time, but when I plug in my USB stick in the other USB, the wireless headset disconnects from the headset, it's searching for a headset even though it was just connected to it 5 ft away. Do you think this is my mobo screwing up? I mean I have had a few problems with it lately with it screwing up my RAM, and my computer smelling like burning plastic for a few min(maybe the mobo). or is it the USB 3.o controller? even though its updated to the newest version

That burning plastic smell is called ozone smell, and usually comes from a dying PSU man.

If your keyboard is DCing that is going to be wireless interference. Moving the receivers to different ports causes Windows to install or re-initiate drivers for that device which will DC the headset. Doubt it has anything to do with your motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom