Fans stop and start, won't post

Da11en47

In Runtime
Hello,

I just bought an i5 3570K and installed in into my motherboard. When pressing power, the CPU and power supply fan start and then stop, repeating about 5 times, the computer beeps 4 times, and then the fans both kick on but the computer won't post. Where do I start? Thank you.

Hello,

I just bought an i5 3570K and installed in into my motherboard. When pressing power, the CPU and power supply fan start and then stop, repeating about 5 times, the computer beeps 4 times, and then the fans both kick on but the computer won't post. Where do I start? Thank you.

A good place to start would be to double check that you seated everything you originally moved properly. Also make sure there are no bent pins or connections on the processor and motherboard contacts.

I did a few times. I've gone to the website and found some update drivers files. One specifically is called, BIOS (for device with Ivy Bridge & USB 3.0 supported). Which is what my processor is, but it won't update properly.

Maybe I don't understand how to properly update the BIOS, my thought process is update and then reinstall the processor, right?

Its beings to update and then says this....

Reading File...done
FFS checksum...ok
-ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size

Then it exits, failing

Back
Top Bottom