Asus eee pc 4g

wilson210

Solid State Member
Hi all I am trying to upgrade a asus eee pc with windows xp to windows 7, but the problem is that the OS is to large for the integrated memory on the net book. i would greatly like some advice on how to upgrade this netbook to windows 7 thanks.

You may have to replace the hard drive. It should have either an 80GB or a 120GB drive; I am guessing 80 since it is having an issue.

To move from XP to 7 you would have to basically do a fresh install. If you swap out the hard drive you can do a fresh install, and then hook up the old drive using a SATA dock or an adapter to move your data back over.

The 4g has only 512MB of RAM and a 4G ssd so I don't think you would be able to install any version of Win 7.

I did some google searches and it seems it is possible to upgrade RAM and the ssd on that unit if you are handy.

Last edited:
thanks for the answers every one. the problem was the size of the ssd drive. i had to install a modified version of windows 7 ultimate because the ssd was not big enough for the install.

Back
Top Bottom