Computer smells like burning plastic

steve10765

Daemon Poster
I turned on my computer today, and it smelt like burning plastic so I restarted it. It still smelled bad, it wasn't like a light smell...
Anyway I looked at the temps and everything is normal besides Temp 2 , it says -128C but thats prob a glitch.

I restarted it again an it made no difference. What's going on?

Thems are computer farts!

Your pc will always fart just before it pukes!
(sometimes I do that too, after I've consumed mass quantities of alcohol)

on a more serious note, my first suspect would be the power supply (IMHO)

Last edited:
yes it is... I think it may be the motherboard as someone suggested in my RAM problem thread.... might aswell RMA, goes out of warranty next month!

dam, I cant find the recipe, and my stepdad of 11 years bought it for me, he passed away last month june 9th.

I don't know what to do, I'll try to look harder for the recipe that my stepdad probably has. Hmmm. Maybe i can call and explain my situation, some companies are nice, doubt it will work , I don't know about MSI if they can do such a thing. I once had a problem with sony, and they gave me a great game( that came out about a month before I called, Starhawk)
He also has my - CPU, GPU, and other parts. All I have is my hard drive, cooler, PSU, and RAM. I am 17, so I had to give him the money to buy me things online.

Back
Top Bottom