Nascar Racing 2003 + SLI GTX 560TI

PtownBubba

Beta member
Greetings;
Some Specs.
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit SP 1
AMD 8350 8 core 4 GHZ
16G DDR 3 Ram

I have a couple 'head scratchers' going on.
I have two GTX560 TI cards installed SLI, from there I have a DVI to DVI cable to a 23IN ASUS monitor,, and also a DVI to HDMI cable connected to a 48in Samsung LCD TV. Both cables connected to the top card.
All will work fine most of the time, but there is a momentary video loss to the Samsung TV, it just lasts a second then comes back and will work fine for some time. I use the 48" Samsung for gaming, so a second of video loss is tense,,,,,,,,,,,, nothing needs to be done to restore signal, it will return on it's own. Heat is not an issue,,, CPU / GPU monitor never gets above 40C,,, using a 900W PS,,, should be enough,,, even with 3 HD-s and 3 CD/DVD-s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I would think,,,, unless it is getting sick ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?? I am wondering about PS, as I also get a pop up message about a USB device that says it can perform faster if connected to USB2,, the device still works ok, after this momentary hiccup no need to reboot or anything,,,,,,,,, that is also a random once in a while thing,,,, does it on two different USB locations,,,, motherboard and PCI/USB card.

When all is running fine,, on some of the 'new' mods/tracks,, Frame rates fall to mid 30-s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if I understand all correctly, that should be sufficient for decent game play,,,, it just seems odd that other guys claim very high frame rates at some of the same tracks,,,,,,,,, I realize this is a 11+ year old application,,, so on one hand, one would think a new generation pc,, would send all settings sky high,,,,,,,,,,, or is this more like,, if the pc is water and the game is a pipe,,, it is trying to force a lot of water through a lil' tiny pipe,,, only so much can be delivered,,,,

try updating your graphics drivers, and when you do, hit "perform clean installation". That might fix the problem. There is not much else I can think of, but don't worry we have other people that will help you.

The game, or those tracks are probably not optimized for the new hardware, or Nvidia has not optimized there new hardware with the old game so thats most likely the reason for the low frames. Maybe those guys are using AMD cards and the game was more optimized for them when in came out.

Back
Top Bottom