First PC build

aylee

Baseband Member
Friend told me you guys were good with specs and stuff and since i'm building my first pc figured I would stop in and see what you guys though and see if you had any suggestions. I don't plan to over clock the system due to my limited experience with it and doesn't seem like the risk vs reward is there for someone with my experience level. Main goals for the system are to run Final Fantasy XIV flawlessly and to be able to play Starcraft2 as well as stream it in 1080p on twitch tv. I don't need the OS and the keyboard/mouse/monitor are not included in my budget although I wouldn't mind recommendations on them (again they will be mainly for gaming and would like a mechanical keyboard, also plan to get 2 monitors eventually so don't want a HUGE one maybe 21-23 inch). Budget tops out at $1,100 usd although Would like to spend ~900 without the keyboard/monitor/mouse. Current build is the followings any advice is appricated. Also if you switch out parts please explain why they are better than what I have listed (trying to learn as much as I can). Thanks again for everything!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor($219.29)

MotherBored: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard($99.99)

Video Card: Need help picking

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory($71.37)

Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk($104.29)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive($59.99)

Case: NZXT Apollo Black NP ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.89)

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer($15.98)

Total: $725.79 Still need a gpu

Intel Core i5-4670, NZXT Apollo Black NP - System Build - PCPartPicker

If you're not getting a K series CPU then you don't need a Z87 board. Just get a B85, and with that I recommend the ASRock B85. Reason, no point spending the extra money.

Get a Corsair Neutron GTX, Force GT, or Samsung 840pro instead. Crucial M4s lack IOPS and write speed.

Go with the TX650 instead of the 750. You don't need that much wattage, shaves off the price.

As for the GPU,
this seems to fit your budget keeping it around 900.
Newegg.com - EVGA 02G-P4-2760-KR GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

The 760 should be enough combined with the 4670 to do what you want.

For monitors, 1080p for sure, stick with Samsung, Asus, NEC, and Dell for brands. You can get some cheap Asus 23" monitors on Newegg right now.

I don't exactly see the point in mechanical keyboards for gaming, but I do recommend going to your local electronic stores and physically trying out gaming mice to get your feel. Logitech and Razer cater to two different grip styles and weights. Something to think about, as a good mouse can cost some cash.

One thing to note here, since there isn't much info on FF14 rehash I can't say for sure that the 760 will fit the bill for flawlessly maxed, but it should get the job done and is really the most powerful card to fit your budget unless you raise to a 770.

I appricate it! didnt notice about the z series mother bored. I'll make the changes to the list and update tomorrow. Any other suggestions? and tyvm!

Made the edits you suggested how does it look now? Thought about upping to the 770 gpu as suggested but couldent swallow the 150 price increase without skiming else where which I don't mind doing if I will get better over all performance.

Current total:968

Last edited:
Yes it would. The 770 is literally a 680 for cheaper. The cheapest eVGA you can afford although neither card will run Crysis 3 maxed out with 8xAA.

Yes it would. The 770 is literally a 680 for cheaper. The cheapest eVGA you can afford although neither card will run Crysis 3 maxed out with 8xAA.

Are there any tweaks I could make that wouldn't double the price but allow me to run crysis 3 maxed out that wouldn't break the bank? I doubt I'll ever need the power but if I'm spending this much I don't mind blowing a little extra to be safe

Back
Top Bottom