Help with my Gaming pc upgrade!!

PervyAngel

Solid State Member
Hello everyone i am new here!!
I need some help with my gaming pc upgrade so lets start.
My pc is an Intel Core i7 930 at 2.80Ghz
My graphic's card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 220
My Case is a mid tower i think i am not sure!
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
I need to upgrade so i can play games and also record (very important) at the same time without frame lag!
I want to spend at max 1400 Euros thats about 1500 US dollars and maybe later to spend some more.
I thinked of buying an Asus Maximus VI Extreme to fit in a GTX 770 and my sound card also a case like Aerocool XPredator and Corsair Force Series GS 240GB SSD and a i7 4770k. Then the price goees about 1500 Euros.
I want some advices please!

--EDIT--
Also added a RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
And it costs about 1650 Euros!

Last edited:
What is the PSU in your current PC?

Honestly, if I was you I would try adding that 770 to your current PC before buying the rest. I think you'd be surprised to find the i7 930 holds up quite well still. I don't agree on the case, but if that's what you like then by all means.

Instead of the Force GS, get either the Force GT or Neutron GTX.

If you do decide on the 4770k setup, get a much cheaper motherboard. If you aren't doing any kind of LN2 overclocking then you don't need such an expensive board. Something like an ASRock Extreme3 Z87 would be much better suited.

You also don't need a quad channel kit, get 2x8GB instead.

What case do you prefer?
Idk what is LN2 but yeah i want to do some overclocking on the 4770k
Btw my current cpu i already told you its an Intel Core i7 930 at 2.80GHz
Force GT or neutron GTX what is better for recording without lag?

Do I prefer? I usually use a standard Corsair 300r for budget builds on here because it's simple and quality. Not everybody likes it though. I just don't really like the over-the-top plastic style cases.

LN2, a style of overclocking that drops your CPU down to -132C for seriously high OCs. My point being, you don't need that expensive motherboard. The board I listed is much cheaper and capable of high OCs as much of the VRM circuitry is on the CPU and not all that motherboard dependent.

I know your CPU is that, that's why I said what I said. The i7 930 is still rather capable.

Either one. The differences is the controller and type of flash used inside. I prefer the Neutron GTX myself, as I have one and have tested both.

Okay thanks for all your help thats what i will get. You really helped me!
CASE: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I (I dont really like the case you told me ) :p
Graphic Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX770 4GB WindForce 3X OC
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB DDR3-2133MHz Dual Kit
SSD: Corsair Neutron Series GTX 240GB SSD
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Box
Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme3

1More tip please. I have bought a sound card because my razer carcharias headset has some annoying beeping/cracking sound problem.
So i got a DGX PCIE 5.1 Audio card. I fitted on the PCIE slot but its like it didnt fitted in the case any ideas? or the new case will work? as it old you before my tower must be a mid one.

--EDIT--
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 or Widows Home Premium x64 for gaming?

Last edited:
No big, not everybody likes that case. Cases are rather personal preference.

I would avoid that video card. All the cards with extra large heatsinks like that cause major sag after a while which can harm the PCB (board). I would get an eVGA with a reference blower style cooler. It cools just fine.

I would also just get standard 1600MHz RAM to save a bit of money. You won't see the difference between 1600 and 2133 as the IMCs on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Intel CPUs are so efficient.

Not really sure what you mean, but PCI-E 1x cards need slight adjustment. If there is a slot there for the card on the board and case then it will just take some minor adjustment to get it in, but it should work with any case.

If you're buying a new OS, just go with 7 x64 Pro.

like this one? EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB ACX Cooler Superclocked
If you mean that idk its just 2GB but also i am not sure if its big difference 2gb to 4gb.
But if its big difference what about getting a new cooler?

--EDIT--
Also that EVGA card they dont sell it at the same store!! if i get all the stuff from the same store i may get a nice discount also.

Last edited:
like this one? EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB ACX Cooler Superclocked
If you mean that idk its just 2GB but also i am not sure if its big difference 2gb to 4gb.
But if its big difference what about getting a new cooler?
Also they dont sell EVGA at the same store and if i buy everything from the same store i will get a great discount.
When you say Adjustment on my Audio Card what kind of adjustment do you mean? Because i think to fit in that case i will have to bend it a bit at the metal thingy.

Back
Top Bottom