Overclocking an Acer Motherboard?

Da11en47

In Runtime
I recently bought a Acer Aspire M3970 computer with intentions of upgrading, which I have. RAM, GPU, and power supply and I just bought an i5 3570 to replace the i3 2120.

My motherboard is a Acer IPISB-VR , there are no options in the BIOS to overclock. The more I read into this, the more I keep finding some companies or brands lock the BIOS so you can't do any OCing. I'm not super determined to OC, but the option would be nice in the future.

Is there anyway around this? Thank you.

Last edited:
Unless you bought the i5 3570K, you won't be able to OC anyway since the non K versions of Intel cpus have their multipliers locked so they are not able to be OCed.

Unless you bought the i5 3570K, you won't be able to OC anyway since the non K versions of Intel cpus have their multipliers locked so they are not able to be OCed.
This.

For those you need a Z series 1155 motherboard and a K series CPU before you can overclock.

If you have a 3570, you don't need to overclock anyways. Guarantee your CPU isn't close to being a bottleneck.

Yea, you didn't specify the K in the top post ;)

Either way, that Acer board is an H67 motherboard and doesn't not support any form of overclocking. Like I said though, that chip is fast enough it doesn't need any form of overclocking. Especially with gaming, as it's fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom