Windows 2K3 Server 64-bit Data Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakie

Fully Optimized
I was just doing some looking because I am board and found out that the above mentioned version supports up to 512 GB RAM.
:eek:

I want to see the MoBo for that. :p ;)

No doubt...512GB!?? That's insane....for the times at least hahaha.

Hmmmm I saw that Apple G5 supports like 8gigs of ram, i thought that'd be impressive ;)

Heh, not sure where you're reading that from MicroBell... the article you linked says "Granite Bay's MCH... supports up to 4GB of dual-channel DDR". Boards based on this chipset have actually been out for quite a long time, since about a month or two before the Canterwoods and Springdales started showing up.

Edit: Did some reading about the motherboards supporting AMD's Opterons.. as far as I can tell most only (heh..) allow for up to 16gb of ram. I'm gonna see what else I can find...

Win2k3 64-bit is for mainframes. Microsoft is finally getting around to that platform. UNIX is great but no real variety.

Upto 64 procs per node (8 nodes to a cluster). So essentially you could have upto 512 procs [in a cluster] working for you.

Mmmmmmmm....

Better yet, 8 nodes/cluster. Link up the cluster to other clusters so it's 8 clusters/supercluster. I'm sure it can be done.

If that works add the security enhancements of Windows Server 2003, it will do more than an office will ever need. Mmmmm printing envelopes at speed of thought....

Quantum, it's called Beowolf cluster.

When will people like that learn that Linux/Unix is the only way to go. Sheesh.

MCP?! Get a clue and a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom