new gaming rig :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His whole paragraph is ONE run-on sentence. To me I think that's funny.
Oh I'm sorry I coulda SWORN I read this....

Did you already buy that or are getting it? There's on comment on that 3000+ 64 chip in newegg, guy says it's a good overclocker. I hope so,
That's funny because on my screen within the first two sentences I see a question mark, period, comma, all grammatical pauses and ends......perhaps you just need to re-enroll yourself back into some academic classes and find out what a run-on sentence is. Besides that, last time I checked if you can't post anything useful then it's considered spam, so refrain from spamming if you can't help.

Yeah, I've heard how good the xp-m is for overclocking, this is my first build, should I consider it for a budget gaming pc?
Also, is overclocking easy? Or shoud I use a program like Vtune?

Nubius said:
Oh I'm sorry I coulda SWORN I read this....

That's funny because on my screen within the first two sentences I see a question mark, period, comma, all grammatical pauses and ends......perhaps you just need to re-enroll yourself back into some academic classes and find out what a run-on sentence is. Besides that, last time I checked if you can't post anything useful then it's considered spam, so refrain from spamming if you can't help.
Uh, edit much?

krylon said:
Yeah, I've heard how good the xp-m is for overclocking, this is my first build, should I consider it for a budget gaming pc?
Also, is overclocking easy? Or shoud I use a program like Vtune?

I would consider it if you are on a budget, 2.4-2.6GHz is what i see most of the time. Overclockin can be tricky, but after getting over your fears and a few hours of messing around, it is really alot easier than you might think. I never use programs for overclocking, BIOS does it all. ClockGen is good for playing around with, but i never use it for real overclocking.

GeckoEcho421 said:
Uh, edit much?

he probably really should, just edit out all your posts and get this thing back on topic.

Ok, how do you overclock in bios then? I have currently amd 1.333 ghz via "i think" chipset, I know how to get into bios although.

krylon said:
Ok, how do you overclock in bios then? I have currently amd 1.333 ghz via "i think" chipset, I know how to get into bios although.

depends on what via chpset, and what other specs are.

For socket A I always recommend Abit NF7-S Rev.2 board, or DFI Infinity boards (i like Abit better though)

And yes that 2600+ mobile looks good. IQYHA is what you want in stepping.

krylon said:
Should I get performance memory? Like your OCZ?

If you want, I prefer OCZ cuz of price and performance. I think it's best bang for the buck. Corsair is good too...but when i was purchasing RAM it was about $50 more than OCZ. Kingston can be good, and Mushkin has proven pretty good sometimes.

krylon said:
Noob question, but whats IQYHA?

IT's just the stepping. Stepping is like the model # of the chip series. Every batch has a different #, and the best overclocking batch is the IQYHA series. I never seen this dis-proven.

you cant, but everyone on this forum got that stepping including me, so perhaps it is just an extremely common one... and i would definitely suggest it, i just got my mobo a few days ago(nf7-s 2.0) and already hitting 2.4 ghz extremely stable and pushing farther ahead(this is my first time overclocking really)... read up on it, if you had any questions at all, 4W and nubius are extremely helpful and ill help with anything i know about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom