Reoccuring "USB Device Not Recognized" popup

AA-ron

Baseband Member
Hey all,

Recently, Ive been getting a reoccuring, non-stop popup "USB Device Not Recognized" message. It may have popped up a couple times in the past after a fresh boot or waking up from sleep, but the message went away once I closed it.
This message keeps reappearing on the task bar. The only way for avoid it is click the pop up and it brings up the "USB Device Not Recognized" window, showing USB Root Hub and its 6 ports, one of which is labeled "Unknown Device" (see attachment). Once I close this window, the taskbar popup reappears.

I only have my usb keyboard, mouse, wacom tablet and a 'thumbdrive'-usb wifi card that are using the usb ports, all of which appear to be working fine. The tablet, mouse and wifi have drivers installed and dont appear to be misbehaving. Im running Windows XP 64-bit (X64).

This is more of an annoying message since my devices are working. Is there a way to fix this or to turn off the popup message?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• usb help.jpg
    usb help.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the response.

I didnt think to try the chipset, but I have finished installing the latest - no change.

After windows loads, installation wizard appears (always does this, nothing new). I usually close this because it doesnt say what its for and the window's wizard is never helpful. I am still getting the annoying pop up, sometime after the 'found new hardware' popup (dont know what new hardware its finding).

I tried going into device manager to uninstalling and disabling the 'unkown device', but it doesnt change anything.

Any other ideas?

Post the Hardware Id of the unknown device from device manager. Should be in the dropdown under the device properties and advanced tab. Should be formatted like: VEN_####&DEV_####.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Back
Top Bottom