Game desktop (help a brother out!)

Intel Core i5-4570 CPU
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz RAM
EVGA GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 GPU
ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard
Cosair TX650 PSU
ASUS DVD/CD R/W
Western Digital 1TB Blue Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Cooler Master HAF912 Case (pretty much this is a personal choice)

Awesome setup in my opinion. Totals out to 1070 euros.
I'm not sure if you have an operating system, otherwise you'll have to get that too. If not, then spend that to get a Solid State Drive as the operating system drive.

Also, I'm certain you could probably find more inexpensive DVD drives and cases than I could. I was trying to find stuff that you didn't have to wait for 1-2 months to get lol.

Last edited:
Another question that popped into my mind. Does it take long to build your own PC? I was kind of hoping to have my new PC asap. I've read the assembling doesn't take too long. But if you buy parts how long does it take for those to ship?

The first time I did a build I went slow and it took about 2 hours because I made sure everything was in fine. After that, I was more comfortable and was able to do it in about 45 minutes or so.

As far as shipping.. that depends on what shipping method you pick.

Thanks for putting together a build! I'm not that tech savvy, but is 8GB RAM memory enough? What's the max. it can be upgraded to?

Also the Corsair TX650 is that high enough? I was told to get about a GTX660 for Nvidia drives but I'm not sure if it's the same (I guess not?). It looks pretty promising though and I'm extremely thankful for the help. Most places just gave me some half-assed answers and then didn't bother to reply to my questions.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

I just did it a few days ago. I was paranoid about messing something up so it took me a little longer, but only about four hours. That time included unpacking all the loot and taking breaks to fret as well as talking to my wife. If you watch that newegg video and aren't completely overwhelmed then you can do it. I had two problems arise that they kind of glossed over in that video. One was easily solved by just asking here and that was where to connect the wires from my case to the motherboard. Once I asked it was almost immediately answered. The other one was where to connect the power cables from the PSU to my GPU, but that boiled down to me being nervous and just needing to compare the male and female ends of the cables while looking at the GPU manual. I am really glad that I built my own. I genuinely get excited when I think about it.

Thanks for putting together a build! I'm not that tech savvy, but is 8GB RAM memory enough? What's the max. it can be upgraded to?

Also the Corsair TX650 is that high enough? I was told to get about a GTX660 for Nvidia drives but I'm not sure if it's the same (I guess not?). It looks pretty promising though and I'm extremely thankful for the help. Most places just gave me some half-assed answers and then didn't bother to reply to my questions.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Every piece of advice I've ever received from this site has been solid. Opinions may differ on which equipment is better, but I've never seen a troll here and everyone is willing and able to help.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

For the ram, you won't really need more than 8 really.
As for the TX650, thats the Power Supply Unit. The Video Card he suggested is actually the GTX 770. I would sugest the GTX 760 to save some money for peripherals in my opinion but I ain't no pc builder :p

For the ram, you won't really need more than 8 really.
As for the TX650, thats the Power Supply Unit. The Video Card he suggested is actually the GTX 770. I would sugest the GTX 760 to save some money for peripherals in my opinion but I ain't no pc builder :p

Hahaha, this only goes to show how much of a tech-noob I am. But I'm starting to like this PC building idea. Especially since it's relatively cheap, this site can be a great help and Amazon is a site I trust for making big purchases.

XGC Forsakend said:
The Video Card he suggested is actually the GTX 770. I would sugest the GTX 760 to save some money for peripherals in my opinion
You could go to the 760 if you want to save some money, but the 770 is pretty much identical to the 680 that I have (it rips). Here's what PP said about the 770, "Anyways, the GTX770 is the exact same chip as the 680 except cheaper with 2 better features that wouldn't really apply to you (they are just better, just know that)."

The parts that I listed are just how far you CAN go with 1200 euros, if you need to purchase an operating system along with it.

Major Rawne said:
Hahaha, this only goes to show how much of a tech-noob I am. But I'm starting to like this PC building idea.
When you receive the parts on delivery day and you're looking at those boxes, you'll feel like 8-year-old on Christmas morning.

Last edited:
So how do you guys build a PC. Do the parts come with some kind of "plan"? Or is there like "one video" out there that gives an easy to follow step-by-step explanation from a-b? Or do I have to puzzle my way out with the plans and some videos?

When you receive the parts on delivery day and you're looking at those boxes, you'll feel like 8-year-old on Christmas morning.

I can CONFIRM the above ^

So how do you guys build a PC. Do the parts come with some kind of "plan"? Or is there like "one video" out there that gives an easy to follow step-by-step explanation from a-b? Or do I have to puzzle my way out with the plans and some videos?

I posted a link to a NewEgg Build a PC video on Youtube. I liked that one but there is others.

Back
Top Bottom