Mac or Windows?

Oh please, I've been using Macs far too long to be considered a "fan boy"

I'm a fan man now, dammit!

I like windows much better because there open source. I had a mac but I was not able to download any music or games. With windows I have much options.

I personally prefer Windows, although I do not have much experience with Macs. I generally do not like the interfaces of Apple products, and find Windows much simpler. Take what I say with a grain of salt, but I would go with a Windows because of the array of programs without compatibility issues. That and since you are on a budget, PC is definitely cheaper.

The difference between a Porche and a Ford is the quality of the parts.

Apple and PC parts are made by the same exact manufacturers in the same facilities in Asia. The only reason Apple is perceived as "better" is because they mark-up their prices by %500 and have a genius marketing team that can get foolish people to purchase their products. This isn't me being condescending, these are all facts.

I can certainly understand that there are people who just prefer the Mac UI to Windows or Linux, but objectively speaking, they are more or less the same piece for piece as a comparable laptop/desktop. If you like the UI, make a Hackintosh. It's far cheaper and you get your *ahem* "baby's first OS."

Oh please, I've been using Macs far too long to be considered a "fan boy"

I'm a fan man now, dammit!
Hey man, sorry for attacking you like that. This past week has been very stressful on me, but as mentioned below, I do hold the points.

The difference between a Porche and a Ford is the quality of the parts.

Apple and PC parts are made by the same exact manufacturers in the same facilities in Asia. The only reason Apple is perceived as "better" is because they mark-up their prices by %500 and have a genius marketing team that can get foolish people to purchase their products. This isn't me being condescending, these are all facts.

I can certainly understand that there are people who just prefer the Mac UI to Windows or Linux, but objectively speaking, they are more or less the same piece for piece as a comparable laptop/desktop. If you like the UI, make a Hackintosh. It's far cheaper and you get your *ahem* "baby's first OS."
Pretty much what I was saying except the analogy on cars which is too broad considering I know those "quality" Ferrari's that break down constantly. A Ford GT much like a 911 Turbo are known for their problems, just like some Lambos.

Anyways, my points still stand. There is nothing that sets Mac aside from the bunch besides the OS and for most mainstream users it holds them back due to the inability to do certain things a PC can. I know Macs have Steam and the gaming side isn't so limited, but you can't play 100% of the games out there and 95% of the productivity programs found on Mac can also be used on PC or they have an alternative.

Like what?

No really, I'm curious. If I can do what I need to do on a PC rather than a Mac, I'll ditch the fruitbook for good.

Of course I won't because I can't because Windows productivity programs are all awful.

Shouldn't make a difference with gaming, as long as the computer has a decent amount of RAM. However, it would be considerably difficult to move from a MAC to a 'normal' computer, as you'd lose the amazing apps Apple has to offer :p

btw not that I have a mac pc, but I love them <333

Like what?

No really, I'm curious. If I can do what I need to do on a PC rather than a Mac, I'll ditch the fruitbook for good.

Of course I won't because I can't because Windows productivity programs are all awful.
Exactly what do you do on a Mac that is soooo awful on a PC? No really, I'm curious. The "Apple only" list has dwindled down to very few iLife junk programs.

Back
Top Bottom