Suggestions on what to buy? Best desktop opinions?

You can't expect a normal civilian(without any knowledge in that field) to fly a plane, or to build a computer from scratch. I'd rather spend less and get a decent amount of power, than pay an extra $300 to put hard work in and risk doing it wrong for extra power I don't absolutely need. Granted it would be a learning experience, it's not for me right now. I appreciate your concern, however. Thanks again.
It's not rocket science man, and it's easily shown in several step by step guides, and even Newegg.com has their own "build your computer" video. I could agree if I was telling you to rebuild a 5.4l supercharged Ford engine from scratch and machine it ect but it isn't that.

You wanted to run all games easily, and that's essentially what you'll do....for about a year, if that. Like I said, to each his own. Have fun with you're new rig, you'll enjoy it nonetheless I'm sure.

I would say a year, only if you play 2012 games. And yes, building a PC is easy esp when an expert like PP gave you some usefull advices related to the desktop you bought. Now why is a prebuilt PC bad? It's bad because they don't know what do you need your computer for. Btw you don't have an SSD out there, and a 120GB one would have costed you 52 more bucks.

I wouldn't say that all pre-builts are bad.

A pre-built gaming computer is definitely a poor value though.

OP, I would recommend you consider returning your purchase and do a little more research into what is required to build a computer. You can easily save yourself several hundred dollars.......

I built my gaming PC in 2008 with zero experience building computers. I got all of my information from this board and these members. I'm sure even PP Mguire was involved at some point in the process. :p

BUT If you're okay with the computer you've purchased, then by all means keep it and use it. I'm sure it's got a great warranty to go with it should anything go wrong and even though it's pre-built, you can still upgrade it in the future should you wish to add ram, SDDs, gfx cards, etc. Just be aware that you have grossly overpaid for it.

Caveat Emptor Newegg! Having been sold repackaged goods (the last of which I confirmed with D-Link as already having been registered) on my last three purchases and returning all, I no longer use them.
On another note, I've got a similiar question to the original but with a different parameter value for price. I'm looking at $500-$700 no monitor included and PRE-built, although I could do a swap with my current hardware. By multimedia I'm talking about audio/video editing and/or streaming since there is another board here for 'gaming' and I'm really into the multimedia aspect. I currently own Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) Professional so want to remain with it.
I too appreciate any/all suggestions.

I forgot to say I'm wanting either a small form factor or ultra-small....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom