Dust Accumulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Baseband Member
Does the dust in your pc affect the hardware iside the case? cuz everytime i open my case up, theres a load of dust everywhere and all over my hardware, and i'm not sure if it will do any harm to my stuff?

Yes, the dust can make your hardware overheat or fry, causing permanent damage. Buy a bottle a compressed air from staples or any office store

Buy a bottle of compressed air and regularly clean dust off (once a month or so), or buy filters. You will have to clean the filters regularly though.

But when the filters get filled with the dust the air flow is little to none. I would suggest just cleaing it every month to two months depending on how often you have it running and how dusty your enviroment is.

Dust sucks. I personally dont care for filters because there are a ton more places for dust to get in, a good air cleaning once a month or so is a good idea.
Dust will stop the airflow around the fan, therefore making everything warmer.

tOny mOnt4n4 said:
Yes, the dust can make your hardware overheat or fry, causing permanent damage. Buy a bottle a compressed air from staples or any office store

Ontop of that... I have read cases where people actually had the dust catch on fire... lol! Pretty crazy...

I just whant to point this out, for preventing dust getting into your case just put something over the case to block off the dust. I put 1 t-shirt over the case and 1 for the monitor and it helps me allot, theres barely any dust in it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom