Buying a Gaming PC soon. Help needed!

Very well.
I wanted to try and get a more better looking case, and I also need to decide on the Monitor. I'm reviewing a Newegg installation video, and honestly, building this thing doesn't look as hard as I thought.

Yea it's not like building a car engine or anything. You can't put things in the wrong place really unless you're just that ignorant.

You can chose any case you want, long as it fits the motherboard and setup you want to install. I usually chose the Corsair 200r or 300r as a good quality budget build case but not everybody likes them. On that note, I wouldn't really change too much except maybe the motherboard, even though what I have listed is fine. I know that's what I linked the other guy, but it fits perfectly with what you want and your budget so why not. Also on the parts, as I state in my thread stickied atop this sub-forum, spend more money on the parts that give you the actual FPS, not the bling. In your case, the budget is high enough to warrant maybe spending extra on the case but personally I wouldn't. I had 2400 bucks worth of rig in a 75 dollar case before lol.

As for monitors and peripherals. Honestly, I wouldn't spend too much into a keyboard, but a mouse can be a huge game changer for some people while gaming. I personally use a Razer Lycosa which to me is a typical run of the mill backlit keyboard, but made sure I got exactly what I wanted in a mouse which is the G700. The mouse is as personal preference as headphones and other such things. I highly suggest going to a Best Buy, Fry's, Microcenter, or whatever you have for a "tech" place to get hands on with some mice to decide what you like the best.

Monitor, that's up to you. Some people like small, others like big, myself I think 24" is perfect. My only thing is, smaller sizes like 21-24, 1080p, 27"+ better be a higher resolution for the best pixel ratio. Stick to brands like Samsung, Asus, Dell, or NEC.

Last edited:
Hm.

Any mother board companies? My mother stated that she will give me 2000 dollars and nothing else...so I can afford a little extra, and maybe a even better graphics card.

I stand by ASRock lately. You really don't need to spend anymore than the 1500. Maybe get an ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 for the motherboard, up the RAM to 16GB 1600, bout it.

Very well.

I think I might change The Ram/OEM suggestion. I have windows 8 now, and its cool and all, but most of it is just extra stuff I don't need, and I feel that windows 7 is just easier and more simple. I'm going to throw in the windows 7 OEM (134 bucks) and get the 16 GB ram (x2 8gb memory things)

Annnnd GPU is out of stock.

And suggestions on something else around the same price or maybe better? Ill go up to 700 for the GPU, since graphics are the most important. I saw a EVGA product, but it had no reviews and I know nothing about it.

Back
Top Bottom