Hi people,

i just bought a new computer with these specs:

CPU PSN : AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core Processor
GPU Type : AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series <--7750 4gb
DirectX Version : 11.0

RAM : 16384 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 800.1 MHz (1:4) @ 11-11-11-28

This is running on a win7 x64.

Now some would say nice pc, and all is good, but i expected to be able to play games on decent settings with this gear. This is not the case.
For example Call of duty black ops 2 runs like crap ( 1024x786 medium settings)

I cant believe that this has something to do with the hardware, it it leave the software(settings).

i tried old and new drivers, and also did a clean win7 install with all updates.

Can any one help me?

your processor is probably being throttled down because your using a 125 watt processor with a 95 watt motherboard

(all is not good)

thx Joe

this obviously doesnt work.

Im gonna contact the reseller and make him my u know what.

thx for your support!

your processor is probably being throttled down because your using a 125 watt processor with a 95 watt motherboard

(all is not good)
That is most likely your problem. If you notice, on your CPU-Z results, that your clock speed at 1.4GHz.... do you ever notice that it doesn't go any higher?

Indeed they did.

I have contacted them, and they are now gonna send me a new pc. Its the same, only now its a fx8320 with a 650 power suply unit. all this on the same board.
They say its tested and i works and that no other custumors had complaints

Its gonna be a long one so i decided to just get the new pc they offer me, and buy a decent mobo myself

Indeed they did.

I have contacted them, and they are now gonna send me a new pc. Its the same, only now its a fx8320 with a 650 power suply unit. all this on the same board.
They say its tested and i works and that no other custumors had complaints

Its gonna be a long one so i decided to just get the new pc they offer me, and buy a decent mobo myself
That's at least better, seeing as the FX-8320 was the only fx series processor that MSI lists as a supported CPU.

Back
Top Bottom