Choosing a cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevoma

Daemon Poster
Ok. I want to over clock on the box i'm going to build and I'm wondering which is a better proc. because they are aonly a couple of buck difference.

#1 $83.00
AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2500+, 266 FSB, 512K Cache, 45 Watt

#2 $87.00
AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2400+, 266 FSB, 512K Cache, 35 Watt

#3 $95.00
AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2600+, 266 FSB, 512K Cache, 45 Watt

Which is a better oc'er?

I've heard that, but I've heard things about other cpus too, I just want to make sure which one before I blow $100 on a cpu. Being a 13 year old, it is hard to make much money.

You wont regret getting that processor, which motherboard do you plan on using with it?

lazerman said:
#2 because it only uses 35 Watts instead of 45 which produces less heat. It will oc a hell of alot more.... Some people have seen up to 2.7ghz on air! Also make sure you pair it with the Abit NF7-S version 2- http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-166&depa=0 That mobo is the shit. It has the most overclocking capabilities ever for this socket.
He's 100% right. I have that same mobo and an amd xp 3000+ and its reallll nice.

From what I have read, it is a very good aznd afordable ocing board. I have had nothing but good experiences with abit when building.

I was leaning towards the whisperrock IV. Affordable, cool-looking with good reviews. I used a whisperrock III and it was great on a athlon xp 2600.

EDIT: I know this is off topic, but lazerman, that Hits 4 PAy thing looks pretty cool. Is it worth doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom