Gaming Keyboard/Mouse/Monitor

BaconSanwich

Baseband Member
So I was going to build a new PC, and I need a keyboard, mouse and monitor for it. The mouse and keyboard don't have to be wireless, but everything has to be geared towards gaming. Here's what I had in mind:

ASUS VS Series VS238H-P 23" monitor ($170)

Razer Deathadder mouse ($50)

Razer Deathstalker keyboard ($75)

I was wondering if anyone had any equal/better alternatives for no more than roughly the same price?

Honestly, a "gaming" keyboard is moot IMO unless you use all the macro keys and other BS built into them. A mouse on the other hand is like a carpenter's favorite hammer. If you have any local PC/electronic shops around go and play with their mice to get a feel for them. Buy something that is comfortable to you, not just has high reviews or is PRd to death as being so geared for gaming. (The Deathadder is a very well liked and popular mouse, just want you to go and get something suited for you)

Monitor is good.

i love my Death Adder mouse, its SUPER comfortable!
i agree Mguire for the most part, except i dont think " gaming peripherals " are necessary in any way... i used to compete professionally on COD4, and i was using my dads old office mouse and keyboard at the time... The only reason im not using those same mouse and keyboard to this day is because my friend gave me my Death Adder and the keyboard i have now is a super thin back lit keyboard, not mechanical tho, just membrane.

EDIT:

Also, find a 27" monitor if you can in your price range, i loved the move from a 23" to a 27"

My mouse is branded gaming, but IMO it's more or less a tuned MX Revolution. Anything being branded "gaming" besides the obvious is just PR. Most are just really nice mice but you can ask anybody. A nice mouse makes all the difference in FPS, or else there wouldn't be a market for it. Also helps with day to day browsing and tasks.

As far as the keyboard goes i spend 4-5 years ago close to 200$ to buy the G19 and it never let me down. Durable as hell, sturdy materials, custom coloured lit keys, many macro buttons and that little LCD screen that might come handy in some FRAPS sessions. Like the one in the video

Back
Top Bottom