toshiba 850d windows 8

yeah one of the things first did was remove the cosmos battery!1 same thing happened you say you redone the boot loader how did you go about doing it I might try it as aint getting anywhere! im thinking I may have burned out the bios chip on the motherboard its rare but you never know with the new windows .

yeah one of the things first did was remove the cosmos battery!1 same thing happened you say you redone the boot loader how did you go about doing it I might try it as aint getting anywhere! im thinking I may have burned out the bios chip on the motherboard its rare but you never know with the new windows .

You need to be able to get access to the BIOS first so you can boot off of CD.

And it has nothing to do with Windows; I'm running WIndows 8 on my laptop just fine.

I have put the non working hard drive in my windows 8 laptop and I cant get bios and no boot menu ect?? I put my working hdd in my laptop and get bios ect strange

new UEFI BIOS, also know as an EFI BIOS, which is required for hard disk drives that have a storage capacity greater than 2.19GB.

If the non-working drive was hibernated rather than just turned off, that will sometimes tell the BIOS to sort of "disable" entry into the BIOS from the F* keys. Hence why you need to reset the BIOS by removing the main battery and removing the BIOS battery.

I have done the above still nothing?? its crazy what ever got deleted off the hdd got to be the problem there is no other explanation

Are you sure you waited long enough for the BIOS to reset? It took me a couple tries to get mine. You need to remove the main battery, and then somewhere (hopefully) is a connector to remove the CMOS battery.

Try doing it with the HDD out.

The HDD has nothing to do with the BIOS. Even if there was no HDD, you can still access the BIOS.

cheers mate im going to try it again I new you should still get bios what ever? even if you cant boot init

Back
Top Bottom