Can't access bios

chipcreep

Baseband Member
I have a Toshiba Satellite C855D laptop with Windows 8. I'm trying to access the system BIOS so that I can take off the splash screen and to view the POST upon powering up my computer. I can't seem to figure out which function key to tap and I can't find any answers on Google. Help?

I tried that but it didn't work. It did stay on the splash screen, however, until I let go of the f2 key.

Tried both of those, as well. Didn't work. Here's something interesting I found on Toshiba's website, though.

NOTE: On Windows 8 operating systems that came preinstalled on the laptop from the factory, the BIOS has been replaced by UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface).

Weird...

yes that's the laptop firmware you can change this sitting when in the bios?? try using a usb key board and retry press f2 f8 esc ect? hope it works

if still don't work you may wanna try resetting the bios by removing the cosmos battery remove battery before hand ? leave a few minutes and put it back in ok

Thanks for the input. I don't know if I'll do all that seeing as its not urgent. Taking out the CMOS battery on my good PC seems risky. I don't have access to a USB keyboard at home but its not a big deal. I just wanted to see the POST and figure out how to access the BIOS. Its frustrating but not necessary.

Do a Power Cycle 1st . remove the battery . wait for about 1 minute. plug the power cable in w/out the battery , hold down the F2 turn on NB and keep holding down the F2 . if no go try a usb keyboard.

Okay, so I accessed it. I had to do a weird search in Windows 8 (still getting used to it), but I can get there now. However, in the BIOS, I'm still not able to do what I want to do, which is get rid of the Toshiba logo when I start my laptop and show the POST setup. Any help here?

Back
Top Bottom