Having a BIG problem here.

iNaSty

Beta member
Recently i encountered a problem, i picked up my laptop.
Aspire 5750-9668
Windows 7 Home Edition
Intel core i7-2630QM
Intel HD graphics 3000
4GB DDR3 Ram
640GB HDD Toshiba

I accidentally dropped it on my cooling fan and the Pc restarted.
every time it starts the computer BEEPS.. its constant and never ending:mad: the computer loads to the starting screen and just freezes. no matter what you press it keeps beeping. When pressing the power button it stops for the time you have it pressed but resumes as you let it go.. i tried everything except taking it apart.. i have before and its not a problem but turning to this forum before i do that. Start up repair came up with nothing and i haven't been able to find anything on the internet. With my PC knowledge i believe it has to be some kind of hardware problem.. maybe the motherboard. Most likely that's it but im trying to see if anyone can give me some advice or ever encountered this type of problem.
Thanks in advance!

I personally am not very knowledgable, but this might help paint a picture for others. Normally beeps on start up (at least for desktops) is like an error code.

What is the pattern of the beeps? (Example: 2 short beeps one long)

I personally am not very knowledgable, but this might help paint a picture for others. Normally beeps on start up (at least for desktops) is like an error code.

What is the pattern of the beeps? (Example: 2 short beeps one long)

i am aware of the beep patterns and their meanings but this one has me lost. The thing is its constant until i turn the pc off with the power button. There is no pattern and it does not stop
CONSTANT BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. :eek::eek::eek:

If your computer is not booting or you're not getting any display your computer is not passing the POST. Often this beep code is caused by one of the following reason:
  1. One or more of the fans are not working or do not have a power connection connected to them.
  2. Computer is not passing the POST because of improper connections from a different necessary on-board device.

If your computer is not booting or you're not getting any display your computer is not passing the POST. Often this beep code is caused by one of the following reason:
  1. One or more of the fans are not working or do not have a power connection connected to them.
  2. Computer is not passing the POST because of improper connections from a different necessary on-board device.

in other words i have to take this puppy apart and check all the connections..
damn that's what i really didint want to do.. as this build is stubborn to take apart and put back together, ill get to it, see you later.!

in other words i have to take this puppy apart and check all the connections..
damn that's what i really didint want to do.. as this build is stubborn to take apart and put back together, ill get to it, see you later.!

I would just start by checking RAM and HDD connections. Those are the 2 most likely to have gotten jarred loose when dropped (I'd first look at RAM).

Should just be an access panel to easily get to your RAM. Open that up, remove all the RAM sticks, and then reinsert them securely.

I would just start by checking RAM and HDD connections. Those are the 2 most likely to have gotten jarred loose when dropped (I'd first look at RAM).

Should just be an access panel to easily get to your RAM. Open that up, remove all the RAM sticks, and then reinsert them securely.

I checked the RAM and HDD before i wrote on here and it did nothing.
I just took it all apart.. checked everything did not see any lose cables or wires.
everything seems ok and as i remember it when i took it apart long ago..
Still the continuous beeps.. man WTF :eek:

I checked the RAM and HDD before i wrote on here and it did nothing.
I just took it all apart.. checked everything did not see any lose cables or wires.
everything seems ok and as i remember it when i took it apart long ago..
Still the continuous beeps.. man WTF :eek:
You could try taking the battery out for 10-15 minutes to see if this is caused by the BIOS or something.

Recently i encountered a problem, i picked up my laptop.
Aspire 5750-9668
Windows 7 Home Edition
Intel core i7-2630QM
Intel HD graphics 3000
4GB DDR3 Ram
640GB HDD Toshiba

I accidentally dropped it on my cooling fan and the Pc restarted.
every time it starts the computer BEEPS.. its constant and never ending:mad: the computer loads to the starting screen and just freezes. no matter what you press it keeps beeping.

Try this for me if you can, go back inside your laptop.
Check and make sure the keyboard ribbon cable is not messed up or the connector itself.
If they are, unplug the keyboard and use a usb keyboard and mouse if necessary.
Check and make sure the screws "ARE" back in place and securely snug for it not to move around.

Back
Top Bottom