toshiba 850d windows 8

brayo1985

Baseband Member
hi all I have a laptop in for repair someone has deleted the whole hard drive was on windows 8 now cant boot or get any bios it strange?? but if I put my laptop hard drive init it trys to boot window? seem like a windows 8 boot loader has been deleted as there no bios menu! can any admin on here help me out with this problem cheers

Are you able to get to the BIOS with the other hard drive plugged in? I find it hard to believe there's no POST screen at all.

strange but true first time I have ever seen this!! this is how I boot windows a from dvd disc in laptop with windows 8 installed Settings > Change PC Settings > General > Advanced Start Up. On the next screen select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings. Disable the secure boot. Restart and boot off dvd. but like I said the hard drive been wipe some how and their is no way of getting into bios!! im sure it something to do with the hidden file UEFI Firmware being deleted its driving me nuts

On startup, one of the F* keys is usually used to get into BIOS. F2, F10, or F12. Just try pressing them all on the BIOS splash screen when you first turn the system on.

I have im not a noob I repairs pc/laptops on a daily basis but this is the first time I ever need a helping hand and hopefully the last as I said the hard drive got deleted when in use they said they went into the hard drive and deleted it (don't ask why as I don't know myself) but anyway it was preinstalled with window 8 now on boot up no posts just says checking media files fail then black page appears saying no boot devise ??

its something to do with the UEFI Firmware that was on the hard drive I don't think you get a post on the new preinstalled windows 8 laptop as they boot from a hidden file on the hdd ?

there aint much info on the net that's why I have come here to try and solve it any one know how I can contact Toshiba visa email or phone cheers

UEFI is not on the HDD. UEFI is a BIOS feature. You need to access the BIOS.

I cant get no bios since the hard drive was deleted something on the drive have stopped the laptop getting bios and no boot menu its hard to believe!! I give up with it trust me my laptop is windows 8 preloaded I get bios ect??

My MSI wouldn't let me get into BIOS when I had hibernated it and then had to redo the bootloader. Ended up having to remove the main battery and then remove the BIOS battery to reset the BIOS. That ended up giving me the options to boot into BIOS again.

I would look to see if you are able to reset your BIOS by removing the CMOS battery; look for a small white plug, or someway to remove the CMOS battery on the laptop, without having to desolder it from the board.

Back
Top Bottom