Completely confused

Actually, the most I kept saying in that thread was to upgrade your GPU. I was saying OCing your CPU could potentially see if the GPU was any problem. I did give you exact instructions on how to OC though.

I did give you exact instructions on how to OC though.

Err...no you didn't...

In regards to graphics card, any suggestions as to what to upgrade to? Most bang for my buck would be ideal as I can't even afford a new graphics card at the moment.

Err...no you didn't...

In regards to graphics card, any suggestions as to what to upgrade to? Most bang for my buck would be ideal as I can't even afford a new graphics card at the moment.

Yea I did.

As to the GPU, ask again when you can afford something in the 200-250 dollar range. Prices and availability keep changing due to new cards being released.

What speed of RAM do you have? If you are running 1600 tell it to use the XMP profile and that will set your BCLK to 160. The XMP will reduce the CPU multi to compensate, and all you need to do is raise it back up. Leave voltages on auto and test with Prime95 and watch temps with Coretemp.

I'm sitting at 3.2 on stock voltages myself from doing this exact same thing. Yours will most likely be 3.3 due to your CPUs stock multiplier.

For the rest, simply Googling for your motherboard would bring up the site where you can download the manual if you don't already have it. That tells you how to get into your bios.
P7P55D-E LX - Motherboards - ASUS

To enter into your bios when your computer first turns on press the delete key until you get in the bios. From there, all the things I mentioned before will be under AI Tweaker.

You can try the CPU Level up, as that may be an easy solution. If that doesn't work, let me know.

Now as a disclaimer, and not trying to be rude, if you can't understand what I'm posting here and Googling doesn't really help then you probably shouldn't be messing with this stuff. To continue further, overclocking these chips don't really help in gaming if that's your aim.

Back
Top Bottom