Cooling GPU and maybe CPU?

just got the Corsair H80i for 75$. I think that's pretty good compared to most places. I'm going to have one hell of a time taking apart my PC, installing the backplate for it, and then reassembling it. I'll be installing + cleaning later this week (probably thursday night/friday). wish me luck guys. and thanks.

Also "The Red Mod" looks awesome, but i don't really want to risk breaking my card :x i'll probably just have to make due with temps im' not comfortable looking at, or i'll get a fan on the side of the case. to get some more airflow out the side.

'Murica

Jokes aside, I had CPUID-HWMonitor on for the past few hours, and i JUST noticed it listed the max temp of my i5-2500k as 97C sometime today. Is there anyway for me to recognize any hardware melting damage? All i did today was light gaming on Dungeon defenders on Med Settings and watch some movies. It's idling at 56C right now.

Like i stated in an earlier post today, My new liquid Cooler should be in tomorrow, so temperatures shouldn't be an issue, but if there is any heat damage on my CPU, i'd like some heads up for what i should look out for...

Last edited:
97C is beyond hot for use, but it won't melt anything, I believe they can take nearly 100C but just not sustained.

The cpu itself will shut down to save itself, but first it down clocks to mitigate/lower temps.

Back
Top Bottom