Altec Lansing Speaker Question

sanpinn

Beta member
Greetings!

I recently acquired a set of (2) Altec Lansing speakers, Model ACS52; for my laptop. However, I'm in a quandary as to the proper attachment. On the back of the main speaker are ports labeled as follows (from left to right):

On/Off DC SPKR HP SUB A B

My problem is that I do not know which port to use to connect to the speaker port on the laptop. I only have the two main speakers, and I'm thinking that the "SUB" port refers to a sub-woofer or something of that nature (which I don't have).

As well, the power adapter that accompanied the speakers carries an output of 9V, 600mA, and the jack fits, but when I push it on as far as it will go, there is a bit of it still exposed, so I'm thinking perhaps it isn't the correct power supply. If anyone can help me in solving these two problems, I'd sincerely appreciate it - I'm dying to listen to my music through these speakers! Thank you

Regards, Sandra

Sean W.
I am new to this forum, and I came here for help. Perhaps it would have been hospitable to direct me to the correct category since you are familiar enough with the site to know I'm in the wrong place. Since this was my very first post, you excelled at making me feel most unwelcome here.

Alexffiala; Although I do appreciate your attempt to assist me in identifying the port labeled "HP" on the back of these speakers, I could not find a link on them either; that's why I resorted to coming here. I guess "building a computer" is a reference to the internal components. I ruminated over which category to choose under "Computer Hardware" ... perhaps I should have chosen laptops & notebooks ...
When a newcomer in the Mercedes forum I belong to, posts an inquiry in a category that's not quite appropriate, we all answer the question anyway if we can; and then share our information and knowledge with them as to the better part of the forum they could go to for their specific needs. It's the considerate thing to do; as opposed to just leave them hanging in the wind.

Thank you anyway, Alexffiala - but I am unable to provide a link. Let's just terminate this thread and I shall seek out a forum that is a bit more flexible. Take care.

I can only say that the speakers should use a 15v 800ma power adapter, and are part of a 2.1 set.

Sub, well that is semi-obvious. One speaker should plug into the other, then that one it self should plug into the headphone jack on your PC. Aside from that, I can't find ANYTHING, not even pictures of the speakers... Seems they are somewhat old? Sadly, Altec doesn't provide crap for support anymore unless it's a CURRENT model, and expensive one at that now in days.

But, jack sticking out some wont matter, as long as you have the proper voltage, amperage, and pos/neg on the plug. From what I found Pos on inside, Neg on outside of the power jack.

Back
Top Bottom