The Return of Nosboost300!!!! (Again, 56k warning)

Re: The Return of Nosboost300!!!! (Again)

I know them feels, 104f today in DFW. I have to work in the heat tomorrow but luckily a "cool" front is coming in tonight and will "cool" it off to the 90s lol.

I wasn't anticipating having a computer this good...and my poor cooler master haf xb is too crowded....I was hoping to not have to go back to a full atx tower...but it seems inevitable!

You could consider what I'm planning, a water chiller. Doesn't require rads, extra fans, or big cases. Just big, bulky, and expensive.

Sounds like I'd need a bigger power supply.. it's this the same as a peltier?

Looked it up..definitely not the same lol

Last edited:

Sounds like I'd need a bigger power supply.. it's this the same as a peltier?

Looked it up..definitely not the same lol

Lol definitely not. Just a giant fish tank cooler meant to cool several hundred gallons of water. Performance-pcs sells a couple small units but I don't think they are powerful enough to cool GPUs too. The ones I'm talking about can cool the CPU and probably 3 GPUs at the same time but they are very expensive. About the same price as a good phase unit.

Lol definitely not. Just a giant fish tank cooler meant to cool several hundred gallons of water. Performance-pcs sells a couple small units but I don't think they are powerful enough to cool GPUs too. The ones I'm talking about can cool the CPU and probably 3 GPUs at the same time but they are very expensive. About the same price as a good phase unit.

hot damn.. well i'm not too concerned with cooling the video cards to the extreme.. seeing as you'd need to volt mod em to even need any kind of extreme cooling... but the cpu only one is definitely sparking my interest...

Well if you want CPU only, might as well go for temp controlled 24/7 phase for the cost. Something like this bad boy.
LD PC-V10 Reverse Phase Change - Black - LD Cooling Computer Cases

I've had my eye on this unit myself.
JBJ Arctica Titanium & Nano/Mini Arctica Chillers

The DBA-200. I think I can put some quick DC ends on the top there for travel if/when I decide I want to go to Quakecon again. I really hate the idea of water cooling IN my case, as all that heat soaks your other parts. And if I'm spending spending half a grand on rads/fans/parts then might as well buy an all in one unit.

Metro happens to be one of my favorite games and Last Light was a nice improvement. You should post some screenies with SSAA enabled so I can see. I didn't get to play with any AA on this 5850.

Metro happens to be one of my favorite games and Last Light was a nice improvement. You should post some screenies with SSAA enabled so I can see. I didn't get to play with any AA on this 5850.

I play with ssao off due to 2560x1440... but I'll throw it on and hope I don't do below 40... I'm getting steady 60 without

Might even be higher but I left vsync on

Back
Top Bottom