Another Build Thread

Aaah! Too many choices! I was set on the vengeance RAM. Now this! Lol thanks for the recommendations though.

The 4670 vs the 4430...as far as longevity, how much difference would there be till an upgrade would start to look like a need?

The H and B boards are practically the same thing, as the H series boards have "slightly" more features here and there depending on the board in question. It's not worth the extra cash IMO where you can get other things that are better like the difference between the 4670k and 4430 on saved money.

Also on the cache, real world differences are not seen. I have a 1TB Seagate 64MB cache, and 1TB 32MB cache Seagate in my machine right now and sustain/burst speeds are exactly the same. When used as an every day drive it's still moot. The cash is better spent on the CPU as the 4670k will last you quite a while and you can simply upgrade the GPU later or better yet just buy an SSD when you have the money. Which I recommend you doing asap anyways.

I think I will stick with the mobo you recommended, use the seagate hdd, the vengeance ram and the 4430. I will come in under 800, not be quite as long-lived and still be really happy with my first decent to good(?) PC.

Back
Top Bottom