Dual Monitor HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably running in to problems with the cards conflicting. Looks like you will have to use only one monitor at a time with one card installed. Solution might be to sell your two cards so that you can buy a card that supports dual monitors.

hmm i dunno about the dual vga, thats old school stuff. if you want to be able to use it for future i would get a dual dvi and get a adapter/converter for now. and im surprised you got it to work at all with two graphics cards, didnt know you could do that.

You can run dual cards for a dual monitor function but i think his problem lies in the ati control center I, having problems recognizing the mx400 or something. I used to have mine hooked up to two cards but the card in my agp slot was a nvidia card and the pci card was a rage pro it never gave me any problems.

i think u are right m3incorp because everything go's back to normal when i have just one vid card hooked up, well i worked hard for the ati and i love the card but i dont whant to sell it. And i think adamhic is also right because when i have the geforce card installed ati go's crazy
saying controle panel not responding, something like that.

So far i cant buy or sell anything untill i get a job, but i will try to figure out the problem i hope. When i get a job ill try buy a card that supports dual monitors. Well thanks every one for helping me out i really apreciate it. :)

You have an ati and an nvidia instaled the drivers are going to screw each other over, I tryed this with a 9800pro and a mx440 wierd stuff was happening so I just kept the one monitor

hee hee hee yeah you got the dual card problem i had ...for some reason the ati card IS going to conflict with the nvidea card and NO there is nothing you can do ! Im running an ati in the agp slot and wound up getting an ati (PCI) card to run my other monitor..
the bios setup can be a bit tricky also but is workable , if you can go get a 16 bit card for the pci slot for your second card and you will solv your problems, my pci card set me back only $9.00and it a 16bit rage pro w/8 meg ram .. not much for a card , but it does run my second monitor.

o, well i guess i will be using one monitor lol. 16 bit vid card will be to low for me haha, but if it helps u then its ok but i will just wait untill i can get a vid card that supports dual monitors.

i use my low end vid card for programing and stuff like that , its just a " second" , even the monitor is a cheap one nothing smokin there , but i can do file copys , swaps and a bunch of other stuff on it and it sure is nice working on things like neo when im looking for a certain file , while on the agp card is neo doing something else ...pci ,16 bit is for text stuff only ..
just thought you might like to know what i do with the second card....

I figured out the problems with the dual monitors, i need to play the games with the second vid card so it wont crash anything and the first vid card as second monitor danmit. And playing with the second vid card with games SUCKS :(

Allot of people smokin does the same stuff like u which is cool. All i whanted is that i could whatch movies and play emulaters on the second monitor and play the games on the first monitor and now its like the other way around lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom