Gaming Build for a Friend

So he just informed he wants a case with lights in it. I am going to try to discourage him since I like the wiring or the corsair cases, but any suggestions?

so far the total spent is 662. That includes a Motherboard, CPU, PSU, RAM, GPU. So the only part left is a case.

Man I just got the Fractal Design Define XL R2 and love that friggin case. You can get it on Amazon for $99 now with free shipping. No LEDs but try and talk him out of it...

I had the Sentey Arvina for about a year and a half but it's fan controller failed and that gave me an excuse to buy the XL. If he likes sleek and minimal, that's the best case I can recommend.

..maybe I'm biased

Fractal cases look nice, but I don't like how bendy they are. They remind me of the NZXT Beta I had/have.

Bendy? Haven't noticed anything like that. The R2 is solid steel... everywhere, making it ridiculously heavy. It's very sturdy though.

My old Sentey was super crap, it was flimsy and plasticky.

My NZXT Beta is made out of steel too, but it's thin. All the Fractal cases I've built with were steel, but thin enough I could slightly bend them. Cases like my current Raidmax Scorpio I'd break my wrist before I could bend the steel in it (broke some Dremel's too), or like the HAF922 I had. I can't comment on your case personally, but I'd be willing to bet all of them are made out of the same material.

Fractal cases I've built with for customers:
Core 1000
Core 3000
Arc Midi R2
Define R4.

Edit: I want to clarify, I don't mean bend with ease like an aluminum can. More so grabbing the whole thing and being able to slightly turn it. Easier to do and demonstrate on smaller cases.

Thanks for the help. I convinced him to get the 300R with no LEDs. I personally like the minimalist look.

Thanks for the help. I convinced him to get the 300R with no LEDs. I personally like the minimalist look.
Same here, so *brofist*. BUT if he wants, he can simply add lights to a nice case instead of getting a case that looks like it was designed in 2003 by a 12yo.

Back
Top Bottom