Laptop Crashes Without Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabe

In Runtime
Okay, this is an issue that has haunted me for a while now.

I've got a laptop that was given to me from pro-star dot com, it is a P2 running at about 2Ghz w/200+MB of ram. The issue is that when you run a "memory intensive" or video intensive application such as a movie or a game the pc crashes out of nowhere, it leaves no logs and does not display any warnings.

When I tried to run a mem test @ www.memtest.org during the process it did the same exact thing (that is, crashing unexpectedly) which leads me to believe it may be a memory issue, either that or the only thing I know would act like that is the PSU.

Have you guys got any insight? - I've got an RMA from the company and I'm prepared to send it back. Just want to put it out there to get some thoughts.

It might be due to cooling. If it were a desktop PC, I would recommend that you buy better cooling components. But since this is a laptop, I tihnk it would be best that you just return it from that company that sent it to you.

-Dan The Man

Yeah a co-worker told me that also, if its that then the company will have to look at it. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom