My PC rig

The_Smithy_Guy

Beta member
As I'm going to build my first PC I was wondering what you guys would think of my collection until now.

what you should probably know is that I would really like to have a silent pc.
I have a budget of 800 euro's

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (cpu cooler)
€ 26,90
Enermax UC TB12 (fan)
€ 7,14
Be quiet! Pure Power BQT L8-CM-630W (psu)
€ 79,90
Cooler Master Silencio 550 (case)
€ 72,90
ASUS GTX660-DC2T-2GD5 (gpu)
€ 199,90
Samsung SH-118AB (pc/dvd-reader)
€ 13,48
D-Link RangeBooster N USB Adapter DWA-140 (wi-fi adapter)
€ 17,61
Trust eLight LED Illuminated (keyboard)
€ 24,79
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 (motherboard)
€ 52,90
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 (hdd)
€ 60,90
AMD FX-6300 (cpu)
€ 99,90
Microsoft Windows 8
€ 89,00
Crucial Ballistix Sport (ram)
€ 51,90

total: 797,21

I am pretty certain about most of the parts. I am, though, still in doubt about the gpu. So, if you know any good alternatives without going much over 200 euro's I would be open for suggestions.

Don't buy that Enermax fan, that's what I mean. Depending on what your definition of silence is, you will need to go with different fans which can get quite pricey on your budget.

You will want to equip your Cooler Master heatsink with either a Noctua fan or Scythe Gentle Typhoon. They are pricey, but actually blow good air while being actually silent. The case comes with 800RPM fans that they are calling silent, but I'm willing to bet they blow absolutely nothing for air which you may want to replace later on as well.

The Asus DCU2 GPU setup is quite silent, but the weight of the heatsink causes their cards to sag pretty bad.

But there are no parts that are incompatible with each other?

As for incompatibility, just make sure your motherboard has the same socket type as your cpu socket type.

Andddd... I just checked both your mobo and cpu, both are AM3+ socket type so it'll work fine.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you do not touch the cpu anywhere but the corners (hold the cpy by its corners between your fingers. The oil from your hands can cause problems with cooling. Also, avoid touching the motherboard's pcb at all costs. You can very easily destroy it with static shock. Touch your case often with your hand to ground yourself and any charge you hold.

Back
Top Bottom