wireless N router...cheap but fast?????

Are all 8 devices computers? Are some tablets, phones, ipods, game systems, tv's, etc?

This would be a great option: ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab - Newegg.com ; fantastic router!

This one is great on the performance/price ratio: Amped Wireless R10000G High Power Wireless-N 600mW Gigabit Router - Newegg.com
Would not buy that particular Amped router. This one doesn't have all the problems.
Amped Wireless R20000G High Power Wireless-N 600mW Gigabit Dual Band Router - Newegg.com

The 1000G has problems! o_0

More so than any other wireless router?

The 2000 does give you simultaneous dual-band for $30 extra though, if you want to go in between.

That's one thing, and the range isn't as far as they want to claim. Quality control seems to have been low with that model. Although, I have never had any issues with my router or complaints. Well besides one, but that was my fault.

Are all 8 devices computers? Are some tablets, phones, ipods, game systems, tv's, etc?

This would be a great option: ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab - Newegg.com ; fantastic router!

This one is great on the performance/price ratio: Amped Wireless R10000G High Power Wireless-N 600mW Gigabit Router - Newegg.com

1 always-on computer/nas will be connected via ethernet, 2-3 laptops, everything else would be netflix box, ipads, phones etc

Just for comparison, I have the E4200 which did connect:
1 PC Ethernet
1 server Ethernet
1 PC wireless
1 Tab wireless
2 smart phones wireless
1 Xbox wireless
1 3DS wireless
1 Wii

All with ease. The Xbox, 2 PCs, smart phone, and server used to access the network all at the same time quite often when I had a friend over here who played consoles. You can add a 3rd smart phone when he came over which was an iPhone.

They don't sell mine anymore, but they do have the E4500 on sale for 121 right now.
Newegg.com - Linksys EA4500-NP SMART Dual-Band Wireless N900 Router IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab

If you plan on tucking the router away in a corner somewhere then the Amped or Asus with external antennas might be a better option.

Back
Top Bottom