Gaming Build for a Friend

bpm55

In Runtime
Hello All,

A friend of mine just asked me to build him a PC. I am looking for a suggestions. His budget is $700-800. He wants to be able to play most games on high and do normal day to day computing.
What he needs:
CPU,PSU,GPU,MOBO,RAM,CASE

He already has a ssd and os.

What are your thoughts/suggestions

So newegg has a deal on this PSU this weekend SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

It is cheaper and more power for the same model. I am assuming it is a good deal?

Also I may suggest that to him to wait on buying the gpu? The rest we may go ahead and get. He lives two hours away, but his house is about ten minutes from the beach and it is the summer so I could just go back down another weekend and install the gpu!

Last edited:
Yea that's a good deal on the PSU, but it isn't cheaper.

If he wants to wait sure. It'll be between 660ti and 670 performance for about 40 bucks cheaper.

Ordered the Seasonic 620 this morning. Half the reason I got him to order it is because he is really flip-floppy when it comes to any decision. I figured if I got him to buy a part we would be good to go. When do you think the 760 will be out? Won't be ordering the rest until next week waiting on pay day I believe.

So he just informed he wants a case with lights in it. I am going to try to discourage him since I like the wiring or the corsair cases, but any suggestions?

so far the total spent is 662. That includes a Motherboard, CPU, PSU, RAM, GPU. So the only part left is a case.

Back
Top Bottom