anyone familiar with partition copying software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freenet

Baseband Member
I dowloaded a program Acronis Disk Director so that I could copy my current C drive to a new HDD and make it bootable so i can get rid of my old drive. the 2 partitions that are on my C: are a 76 gig system partition and a 5 gig EISA partition whatever that is. I copied both partitions from my C drive but I cant boot the computer from the new drive. I've been through the help files on the software but nothing is very clear.

Also does it matter where the partitions are located on the drive?

If anyone has an idea what i need to do your help is much appreciated. Thanks
Joe

I bought that software. it jack my computer up. I return it for partition magic 7

hey delldude i just got norton ghost and reformatted my old drive and then did the copy wizard and selected all the options including copy MBR and set the new drive to active but when it was done after 5 hrs i set the new drive to master, unhooked the old one and restarted but it wont boot. i get a error message that says check hardware config or boot path. did you have this problem at all? Maybe you can tell me exactly what you did and ill see what i did wrong but i think i did it right

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom