CD DRIVE E: DISAPPEARED

keops

Baseband Member
hi

I have Toshiba laptop for 5 years, I used my CD drive last week, today I insert my CD, it's no longer there, there is no more E: drive

how can I fix it?
what has disappeared?
what I need to reinstall?

I look into Devices Manager

there is only one ? other devices/ " Modem device on high definition Audio bus"

Thanks

Look in the Disk Management Utility (Start=>Right-click "Computer"=>Manage=>Disk Management)

Do you see your CD/DVD drive there?

Look in the Disk Management Utility (Start=>Right-click "Computer"=>Manage=>Disk Management)

Do you see your CD/DVD drive there?

no, only C and D Drive
I use Win Xp pro

I think it happened afew months ago I did reinstall something and CD/DVD reappears, but I forgot what I did :p

I appreciate any input

no, only C and D Drive
I use Win Xp pro

I think it happened afew months ago, I add/remove something from REGEDIT but what? and CD/DVD reappears, but I forgot what I did ?--
I've found in my doc, I've saved a registry editor of CD/DVD key
what do I do with this?

I appreciate any input

Last edited:
that is a registry back up for CD drive .. search that on google then install on your computer .. reboot the unit after the installation ,, that will just take 5 sec to install since that is just a registry ..

that is a registry back up for CD drive .. search that on google then install on your computer .. reboot the unit after the installation ,, that will just take 5 sec to install since that is just a registry ..
is that the registry i mentioned earlier ? I've saved on my doc CD/DVD REG EDIT KEY
When I double click on it , it said ARE you sure you want to add this into the registry ?
if not, where do I Install this reg back up for CD drive?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom