PC won't boot past POST

mynetdude

Baseband Member
I can't even get into the BIOS hitting F2 or DEL doesn't help; it freezes at the post screen, so I'm wondering if there's a problem with the motherboard? I can't hear any beeps but that;'s cuz I don't have a PC speaker on it

I rebooted because I couldn't access websites even though I had a positive IP frrom the network on my NIC

Last edited:
What are your system specs? What were you doing at the time of the reboot? This could be a number of things, from bad ram, video card, failed HDD, corrupt BIOS, etc... So give us more info to help give a diagnosis

problem seems to be resolved for now, I forgot about this thread after it came back

I've never seen it get stuck at the POST screen but I've got an ASRock Extreme 6, I manually rebooted it because chrome was being flakey saying I didn't have internet when I infact did and I checked my NIC settings and ran troubleshooter and it said that my PC was configured correctly but it couldn't contact microsoft.com likewise I couldn't access any pages.

I rebooted and that's when I ran into the POST freeze, then I thought maybe there was a disk in the drive (but the disk I have is non bootable and I've booted with it in the drive before without issues).

I checked everything out in the BIOS I didn't see any immediate concerns or issues including temperature alarms.

its back up and running, its bizzare

Back
Top Bottom