Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - £400 non-gaming pc

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
PP Mguire
Build Guru

Default Re: £400 non-gaming pc

Cases and motherboards don't make silent PCs, fans do. In which, I chose that Seasonic because it has a fan but turns it off on low usage. Considering this PC won't even use a third of its potential voltage the fan should be off most of the time but it's there just in case. I love Seasonic PSUs, but I don't particularly like fanless and don't trust it so I don't recommend those.

As for the case, that depends on what they currently have. You might be better off replacing the current cases internal fans with Noctua fans rather than buying a new case with crap stock fans. I say this, because if you don't find the performance of the new case good enough you may just wind up spending the extra cash in better fans anyways. Makes more sense just to eliminate the problem from the beginning.

If you feel you must get a more expensive board that does the exact same thing then by all means do not get a Gigabyte. Go with Asus or if you want the same reliability for cheaper, get this.
Asrock B75M-DGS Socket 1155 VGA DVI 5.1 Channel audio.. | Ebuyer.com

Another option for silence would be to replace the stock fan with an AIOLC.
Corsair H60 V1 Hydro Cooler with SP120L 2013 Edition Fan - CWCH60/Bulk + CO-9050010-WW/Bulk - Scan.co.uk

The only problem with that, is you would need to replace the noisy Corsair fan that comes with it. Again, depending on what case they currently have.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.