Ultimate gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

PattonFNM

Beta member
Hello, my name is Patton and I'm from Belgium.

There's this exercise I have to make for my IT course, and it says:

'Put together a gaming pc without looking at the price.'

So I can choose for all the latest & brand-new hardware,
but what do I have to choose?

Thank you very much!

Patton

AMD Athlon FX-55
Abit AV8 3rd Eye
ATI Radeon X800XT Platinum Edition 256MB
Dual 74GB WD Raptors in RAID-0
Corsair XMS PC4400 1GB (DDR550)

I'd strongly suggest an nforce 4 board with SLI and 2 eVGA 6800 Ultras. I'm pretty sure that'd beat the X800XT PE.

Yes, get the nVidia nForce 4 SLI board, and if you want to wait for a few months, go with the New DFI board that is coming out in a while...
AMD 55FX
Dual 6800 Ultra's (eVGA) in SLI
4 Western Digital 10,000 RPM Raptor's (In RAID)
2 400 Gig Hiatachi's
2 gig's of RAM
And I don't know if SLI will support dual DVI monitors, but yes, get dual big monitors (I'm partial of the ViewSonic 19 inch 12MS response time LCD's)
That would be a little over exxecive, but it sure would be great for gaming, and video editing and all that!
Yan

^^^^^
i would have mainly that but, crt monitors, water cooling, and i dont know if you intended that to be ran in dual channel, but have it in dual channel.

but for hard drives, 1 34gb raptor for the os and 2 74gb ones for everything else.

Go to www.newegg.com and sort through the different components and sort them from price: highest to lowest :) I wish I had a project like that. That would be awesome. And like, you could make a rule saying that, in the end, the person with the PC worth the most money wins that computer! *PINCH ME, I'M DREAMING...*

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom