New Graphics Card

bpm55

In Runtime
So I built a machine last November and I bought a EVGA 650ti. I am wanting to upgrade to a new and more powerful card. I have a pretty open budget so I was wondering what card would be the best option to be able to play most upcoming titles on dual monitors on high settings. I am going to buy monitors later this summer, so no details on that currently, but minimum full-hd. I just want to know what card is going to be worth the investment. If I should just go with a gtx 770 or 780 or something from the 600 series?

Thanks for the help ahead time.

No point getting a 600 series, when a 770 is the cost of a 670 with 680 performance.

If your budget is rather open and you have at least a 600w decent PSU then I say go for the 780. Just take note, there are very few games that utilize only two monitors. You need 3 for Surround. For that, you will want the most GPU power you can get with the most VRAM.

I am not opposed to three monitors, just never needed three before. I have a Corsair 650W not sure the model off the top of my head, but I figured it would handle it.

Probably TX650, no big.

My monitor comment was because you said dual monitors on high settings. I just wanted to clarify that you won't be playing most if any games on only 2 monitors.

Yeah I believe so. I was use dual monitors for programming and research. But I wouldn't mind to run three for games.

Back
Top Bottom