Help me ....computer dying..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. Im begining to feel like throwing it in the bin and just splashing out on a new one!

YES!! I solved it!

I managed to somehow format drive c: using the recovery program, reinstalled xp on c: (it was a already on d: but couldnt get access) Then I formatted d:. Now Im using 2 gig c: as system disk and the other 6 gig for programs etc..

Thanks for all the advice anyway guys
bounce.gif

That's great to hear!...Just one question. You've installed XP on a 2gig partition? That could be problematic.

johnegg12,

Yup, you should have installed XP in the 6 GB drive :umm: Xp in 2 GB drive is going to slow down your OS , and possibly fill out your drive as time goes on.[ with the system files, service packs,patches...etc..] ...now that is going to be a BIG problem.

Fantastic
Eyecrazy.gif

I have xp installed with minimum stuff, no network or internet softeware etc. cos i only use it for music making. It only takes up 60% or the2 gigs.
Is this ok?

I would say you need at least 3GB for XP if you want to run it properly without servicepacks or programs installed on C:

johnegg12,

If you can reinstall , it is the right time. Once you accumulated lot of stuff, its going to be much pain dealing with the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom