PC Speakers ~ Need Advice

Maybe if you watch live TV, but I watch high quality rips. 1080p / 5.1 or bust. Goes along with what I was saying in the other thread. I literally grab two copies of Game of Thrones for this reason. 720p is upped instantly and I watch that to reduce surprising spoilers on Facebook then later get the 1080p version to rewatch the episode in higher quality by myself without interruptions from my son. Then when the BD set is released I have that :)

I admit, that's the only show I do that for lol.

I watch high quality rips too :D Thing I do like about the rips are the audio is usually very high quality... you might suffer a bit in the picture, especially the dark areas of the image, but the audio is usually very good or even unchanged from the original files.

That's one thing I actually don't like about OTA ATSC. The picture is really nice, coming in around 12mbit/sec, but the audio isnt that spectacular. When I get even a low quality rip of the same movie, the audio is noticeably better.

Last edited:
Audio is usually the first thing being compressed to compensate for size while leaving video largely untouched. Anything ripped from an actual BD typically has the highest quality sound available for that item. When I look for something it's typically going to be from BD and I look for 16/48 audio 600+k.

Back
Top Bottom