My friend give me a dell Dimension 2400

Even when you plug the video cable into the other vga port that's built-in instead of on the card?
Yes even when i plug the video cable into the vga port thats built in.
Then the BIOS needs to be cleared like Joe C said.

If you've already moved the jumper to clear it (not just taking it out, but actually moving it onto the other pin) and it still doesn't come on, then unfortunately you're SOL.

When you're resetting your BIOS, make sure you unplug the power cord from the system, press the power button a few times to clear out any remaining power in the PSU, and then try to reset your BIOS using the jumper / battery pull method.

If you floppy drive light comes on when you attempt to boot the pc, a recovery might still be possible
If the update failed because you used the wrong BIOS update you should get the correct one and repeat this step. When the computer reboots there will most likely be no video prompts, however you can monitor this procedure using the floppy drive light and the PC speaker. When the PC speaker beeps and the floppy drive light is lit it means that it is currently copying the new BIOS onto the motherboard.
When the floppy drive light goes off and the PC speaker beeps (twice in most cases) the recovery should be complete. During the update procedure there might be pauses that looks like your computer is doing nothing, if so be sure to wait at least a minute to make sure the update is complete. When you are sure the BIOS update is complete and there is no more activity, power off the computer.
Change the jumper you changed before back into the original position so the computer can operate normally.

When you turn your computer back on your BIOS will be functional and you should be able to use your computer normally again.
How to Recover from a bad BIOS update - Technibble

I have heard of this before but I can't say that I every heard of anybody actually achieving this
It's a hard lesson learned....but you should never flash your bios if you do not have too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom