twins memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

livingdaylight

Baseband Member
I would like to know what the advantges are of 2 memory modules of 256mb? for example. I was thinking to just buy 1 corsair module of 512 mb

Thanks

i 'll show u daylight

the theory is that if (and only if your mother board supports the dual channel memory) u have two memory modules with same capacity the data is uploaded/downloaded form both ram chips at the same time (clock pulse) so effectively doubling the transfer speed than what u would have with one 512 chip.

in your case as u are going for 512 anyway ie either 2X 256 or 1X 512 so i think the first choice is better.
but again when u want to upgrade the ram u have to throw away the 2X 256 and get 2X 512 so u see. if u are going to upgrade recently the go for 1X 512.
so the plain advantage is improved speed.
well i guess similar topic has already been discussed so u can also refer to it .

i hope u can see daylight now :)

so you mean 2 modules with same capacity wil function faster then 2 modules with not the same capacity like for example: a module with 256 mixed with module of 512 wil fuction slower you mean wel if thats the reason i wil buy defenetly the single 512 mb module and no iam not using dual memory.

But thanks things are more clear now about those sticky's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom