My friend give me a dell Dimension 2400

andreamillspaugh

Solid State Member
My friend give me a dell Dimension 2400, it worked fine tell i up dated the biso and when it restarted i can not get it back on, what would be a good way to fixs it, I have tried a new power splay and new hard drive , the motherboard seems to be ok because the green light goes on so I know it works, I have tried to reset the bios by taking out the J1 and the battery but it still want show any think on the scree what should i do thanks.:)

If you flashed the bios, and after the flash and you reset (you removed the cmos battery and moved the J1 pins from one side to the other and back again to the original position) the bios and now it will not post....you might have a nice door stop, it might not be good for much else except spare parts

so theres no way to fix this?
Is there a separate graphics card that you're using for the video output?
(Even easier question: Do you have two VGA ports for your monitor in two different places on the back of your computer?)
If you flashed the BIOS, it also goes to default settings meaning that you have to switch from the integrated graphics to other card.

yes i have 2 card in there I just got red of one card the other one is built in, should find where the bios chip is and take it out and put it back in agine would that work, please help, and what dose it mean when the power light in front of the case never go off.

Last edited:
Plug the vga cable into the port built-in to the motherboard (that should give you your video back on your monitor). When turning on the computer, you need to get into the BIOS.

This is done by pressing either F2 or F12 at the Dell logo screen.

dell-setup.jpg

After you get into the BIOS, you need to find your video settings.
Depending on which BIOS version is present, it could look like this.
bios_drives.jpg

You need to find an option that says "Video". From there you need change the primary video adapter from "IGP" or "Onboard" to "PCI".
Screen-Shot-2012-07-04-at-3.23.00-PM.png

After you do that, you separate video card should display like it did normally before updated the BIOS.

Even when you plug the video cable into the other vga port that's built-in instead of on the card?
Yes even when i plug the video cable into the vga port thats built in.

Back
Top Bottom