TwinFrozer 660ti Vs 6870

Rizz.

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of an upgrade, not quite sure what to get was thinking a 2GB 660ti from MSI
How much better is it than a 6870? and the other AMD equivalents?

Thanks
Rizz

660ti MURDERS the 6870.

Here is a chart, BF3 @ 1080p everything maxed out

you can see the 660ti will deliver a very playable experience, where has the 6870 simply cannot...

Untitled-28.png

What was the setup behind that, and date of bench? I can play BF3 relatively well maxed on a 5850. Not 60fps well, but still better than 22fps.

I can't recommend the TwinFrozr cards. 660 ti, great benchmarks but the TwinFrozr is poor stuff. Great heatsink but the fans are proprietary and prone to failure. If you make a claim, MSI will charge you $50 and send you a refurbished card with the same terrible fans, but only after they receive and process your present card.

I can't recommend the TwinFrozr cards. 660 ti, great benchmarks but the TwinFrozr is poor stuff. Great heatsink but the fans are proprietary and prone to failure. If you make a claim, MSI will charge you $50 and send you a refurbished card with the same terrible fans, but only after they receive and process your present card.
Although you're the only case I've read (have not Googled) about the fans dieing, I agree. Reference cards FTW.

Back
Top Bottom